Our Pastor & First Lady
Rev. Dr. Floyd Greene & Sis. Drexel Greene
REV. DR. FLOYD GREENE
Rev. Floyd Greene is a native of Hopkinsville, Kentucky. He is married to the former Drexel Wade and they have four children, Michael, Beata, Wayne and Christopher. They have four grandchildren, Camilla, Cierra, Jamaal, and Ivory; and two great grandchildren, Karsynn and Israel.
Rev. Greene is a God called, licensed and ordained preacher. He acknowledged his call to preach in September 1971 at the Harrison Street Baptist Church in Paducah, KY. His former partorates include The Locust Grove Baptisst Church, Kuttawa, KY and The Greater Antioch Baptist Church, Fulton, KY. He has served as Pastor of The First Baptist Church, Versailles, KY since May 2, 1986.
Rev. Greene received his formal education by attending Paducah Community College, Paucah, KY: the University of Tennessee at Martin; Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY. His educational preparation was further endowed by receiving a BA Degree in Leadership & Ministry at Asbury College, Wilmore, KY.
Rev. Greene served in the United States Army for six years. He actively participates in the community. He organized the Woodford County Ministries United Serving Together, Inc. (M.U.S.T.) and he is the co-owner of the Church Resource Group, LLC. He is a member of the Woodford County Ministerial Association; active member of the Rotary Club, and the Chamber of Commerce; an Executive Board member of the Bluegrass Area Development District; Trustee of Simmons College of Kentucky; a life member of the NAACP; and he is a past Board Member of the local Human Rights Commission.
Rev. Greene is very active in the District, Regional, State and National Baptist work. He served eight years as the President of the Kentucky State Fellowship of the Progressive Natioinal Baptist Convention (PNBC). He served as the Chairman of Elections (PNBC), also served as the President of the State President's Department (PNBC); He serves on the Executive Board of PNBC. He served on the Executive board of the General Association. He served as the Financial Secretary of the Consolidated District. He currently serves as the Second Vice Moderator of the Consolidated Baptist District Association. Rev. Greene has been commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by two Governors of Kentucky.
On the 16th day of May, 2005, Simmons College of Kentucky conferred upon Rev. Greene the degree of Doctor of Divinity with all the honors, rights and privileges appertaining thereto.
On the 11th day of July, 2013, in a Military Honors Ceremony in Jessamine County, Kentucky, Rev. Greene received numerous certificates and awards for brave and courageous service as a veteran of the United States Army. He received his third commission for Kentucky Colonel.
Rev. Greene sums up his "Joy in Preaching" with Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."
MRS. DREXEL A. GREENE
Mrs. Drexel A. Greene is a native of Bluefield, WV and currently residing in Versailles, Kentucky. She is married to the Rev. Floyd Greene. They have four children, Michael, Beata, Wayne and Christopher; four grandchildren, Camilla, Cierra, Jamaal and Ivory; and two great grandchildren, Karsynn and Israel.
· High School graduate from Park Central High in Bluefield, WV.
· Received a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with a minor in Business Education, from Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio.
· Masters of Science Degree in Guidance and Counseling and Education from the University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio. Post Graduate work with certification in Administration, Supervision, Special Education (K-12), High School Principal, and credits toward Superintendent certification from the University of Dayton.
· Computer Science and Kentucky Administration certification from Georgetown College, Georgetown, Kentucky. A total of 30+ hours toward a Doctorate Degree.
· At-Home Professions: Received a Diploma in Medical Claims and Billing Specialist Studies.
· Formerly employed by the Dayton Board of Education, Dayton, Ohio as a Substitute Teacher, a Teacher, Special Needs Work Study Coordinator, Supervisor of Special Education (EMH K-12), Supervisor of Mathematics, K-12 and Instructor of Adult Education (Mathematics and English); a total of twenty-five and one half years.
· Employed by Sinclair Community College, Dayton, Ohio as a Mathematics Instructor for two years.
· Moved to Versailles, Kentucky 1986 and was employed as a State Mathematics Consultant for one year. Employed by the Woodford County Board of Education for eleven years (11) as an Associate Principal of the Woodford County High School; also served as Interim Principal.
First Baptist Church, Versailles, KY
Twelve Tribes of Israel
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
Kentucky Retirement Teacher Association
Ohio Retirement Teachers Association
Woodford County Retired Teachers Association
Ministries United Serving Together (M.U.S.T.)
Black Achievers Educators’ Cluster Leader
Woodford County Woman of the Year
Deaf and Sign Language Class